Weight of concrete slabs

I got some 3'x2'x2½" at one time. I gave up after 3. 2½'x2'x2" are much more managable.

Reply to
<me9

I did my last paving job as block paving, to avoid the heavy lifting. Unfortunately the wacker weighed 83K, and was a pain to manouver, particularly at the bottom of the downhill slope (about 1 in 20). However do those with a 1 in 3 slope manage?

Reply to
<me9

In message , Guy King writes

No I didn't :-)

Reply to
somebody

So true. In my 20's I just managed 50kg sacks. Now at 52 25kg sacks are just as heavy. Must be inflation

Reply to
Tony Bryer

One of my better diy purchases around about age 50, (mumble,mumble years ago), was a sack truck. Used yet again just last week to swap a new electric cooker in. Pneumatic tyres were a good buy, because the pressures can be let down to make it easier when going up and down steps.

Reply to
Tony Williams

I vividly remember, in my youth, coal being delivered in 1 cwt sacks, which were carried in ion the back of a 'coal man'

I guess thats about 50kg more or less.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I have even more reason to remember actually delivering* 1cwt sacks (of potatoes) in my youth!

*First holiday job during Christmas break. I took care to get less backbreaking jobs thereafter. ;-)
Reply to
John Cartmell