Weatherproofing a doorbell push

I tried to clean a very complicated rotary switch once with WD40 and it completely ruined the switch. It just jammed it solid as if I'd put sand in it.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Well most of the ones I've seen had in small print on the packaging, unsuitable for outdoor use. Indeed one door phone door station m basically had the button fall to bits inside meaning I had to wire one outside the box of the normal sort. The snag with this is that the merest hint of wet near the contacts makes the door phone open up in listen mode and stops the ding dong bit from operating!

How about heavy duty cling film, admittedly its not going to look great, but its c functional as long as it does not get punctured. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Bill Wright wrote in news:mb44v5$31v$4 @speranza.aioe.org:

A "Turret Channel Selector" by chance? Amazing things. They were always well lubed with grease

Reply to
DerbyBorn