weatherproof male/female connectors for electrical cable

Hello,

Not sure if this is quite the correct group but thought someone could help/advise.

I am running a cable from the battery on my motorcycle to a GPS device. I would like to be able to disconnect the cable and not leave the end uncovered (rain etc). The best way seems to be, to interrupt the cable, and place some kind of weatherproof m/f connector part way through so that I can leave a weatherproof end-piece behind. Unfortunately, the cable itself does not come with any kind of cap or protector and I don't feel like lifting the tank, and unscrewing the battery everytime I take it off ;)

Does anyone know of a good connector set that is going to work here? Or any advise on where to check?

Cheers

Reply to
cqmman

Have a look at the weatherproof connectors here:-

might need to buy a second one and leave that in place when removing the wanted one.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Index Marine stock a range of Bulgin Buccaneer waterproof connectors. See

Weale

Reply to
John Weale