weathering slate OK for 12.5 degrees ?

Anyone know if this would be OK for a 12.5 degree shallow pitch roof ?

sm_jamieson

In message , sm_jamieson writes

The chapter in my ancient *Building Construction book* on slating vetoes pitches of less than 30deg. The reasoning is that water ingress along the sides may reach the nail holes of the lower slates.

A decent plumber should be able to make up such a thing from sheet lead anyway.

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Yep, but the plans spec dressing the lead portion of the boot into the shape of the heavily profiled interlocking tiles (redland regent). This should stop side ingress. I've found some others using the same principle that are spec'd from 0 to 45 degrees, so the principle should be OK. I was more concerned with the rubber boot, which is clearly set at an angle (looks around 30-40 degrees). Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

In message , sm_jamieson writes

Ah. Tiles:-)

My very limited experience of concrete tiles is that leadwork below unguttered dormers needs to lap across two ridges. Elsewhere.....?

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb