weak screed mix

i'm getting UFH laid over 70m2 as per this diagram

will be 2"x1" spacers screwed to the joists at 450mm centres, the UFH pipes are laid between these and the screed goes in to fill in the gaps. then the final floor surface will be T&G bamboo floated on self adhesive underlay.

the screed is only to transfer the heat ... but i've never used a weak dry mix (8:1 dry sand / cement) like this before and i'm wondering if it will set and be stable enough without crumbling for me to work on it ie to finish the refurb, plaster boarding, painting, wiring etc

or perhaps it would be better to use a stronger mix? or put down a temporary floor?

Reply to
mcmook

Personally I'd put down a temp floor or boarding to protect it

That diagram assumes you have something like a basic later of ply or chip over the lot.

I am pretty concerned with just laing bamboo over it all without some seal..as they point out the screed is simply a conductive layer.

If the bamboo is thin enough, consider laying 12mm ply over the lot after screeding.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher