We have to get three quotes even though we have someone prepared to do the work for free:-)

That's a bizarre belief.

Reply to
Gib Bogle

So why is the culture in Africa so inferior? They have excellent natural resources. Why did they not progress? Is it too hot to think clearly in Africa or what?

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

If that's a serious question, read Guns, Germs and Steel by Jared Diamond.

Gib Bogle

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Why?

Reply to
Major Scott

It's unsupported by evidence, apart from the fact that the terms you use are not well-defined. You seem to be expressing an emotional rather than a rational opinion.

Reply to
Gib Bogle

Overweight trolls are unsightly. Overfeeding them is unkind.

Reply to
Sam Plusnet

All the smart arabs left in te 14th century for spain. What was left was the dregs. Same as England is now. In ens of smart people. They left years ago,

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Damn. Just the two of us left?!

Reply to
Richard

You're not a real Brit are you?

Reply to
Major Scott

recently I went to a supplier of CH valves. had I ordered in advance? No problem, what do you need? Go down to stores and we'll sort it. I was in stors and the phone rang and was handed to me. "We're only set up to take credit card payments over the phone - so can you give me the card details now"

Reply to
charles

Sometimes you sound clever, sometimes you sound silly.

Reply to
Gib Bogle