"We have Lift-off!" Sealed CH System

Lots of stag and hen parties come over to Dublin to get pi, er a flavour of culture. They might bring over my parts.

Francis

Reply to
FrancisJK

"FrancisJK" wrote | > Or put little wheels on it and come back on the ferry as a foot | > passenger, tell them it's a gas-powered chair for the disabled. | Lots of stag and hen parties come over to Dublin to get pi, er a | flavour of culture. They might bring over my parts.

They'll probably get drunk on the boat and either be sick in it or try and shag it. I wouldn't want a flue extension that had been used as a sex toy.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

flute extension?!

See new thread:

"Goin 4 D Big 1 Hughie" - Boiler

Francis

Reply to
FrancisJK

Big cast iron mofu heat exchanger.

So, if temp of heat exchanger is to low, do flue gases condense on it?

Francis

Reply to
FrancisJK

Yes but its not as bad as it might be.

1) There is quite a temperature difference between the temperature of the CI pins in the gas ways and the water. 2) Non-condensing boilers have much more air than is simply needed to burn the gas going through the heat exchanger. This keep the dew point much lower than it is in a condensing boiler. 3) It a great lump of CI so it takes a while to get eaten from the gas side. IME if they corrode enough it is from the water side.
Reply to
Ed Sirett

Interesting. So what temperature is the suppository thingy measuring in the little pocket in the heat exchanger, metal or water.

Using DMM, I get 82 deg C in pocket but only 77 deg on flow pipe on exit from boiler.

Return near boiler is 64 deg C when pump on setting 3 (out of 4).

Francis

Reply to
FrancisJK

The sensor responds to the temperature in the pocket this will clearly be related to the flow temperature even if it's not quite the same.

You will note that the termostat is not absolutely calibrated only relatively from 1-6 (or whatever). At what thermostat setting did you get the above figures? If the thermostat was towards the upper end of the range then all is well.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

C. Depends on how many zones on together. Knob up about 5 to MAX.

Temp on flow pipe directly related to temp at pocket, varies in tandem.

Looks like we will get at least another year out of BBU.

Francis

Reply to
FrancisJK

Tuesday, 24 August.

Gonna run system with cleanser until Saturday and then flush and refill.

I'll post an update next week.

Francis

Reply to
FrancisJK