We are the supplier of door hinges

Dear Sirs,
It is much great to know you through GOOGLE. We are the P&N Hardware manufacture Co.,Ltd from China and we are a manufactory which professionally products the fitting hardware decorated on the door.Mainly produce the door hinges,door handles for the luxurious big door as well as the decorative hardware fitting and kinds of industry hardware.Also,we produce screws.
Since nineteen ninety till now,our company has already developed into a large-scale manufactory of comprehending the hardware items.Possessing more than eight hundred member staff,more than then thousand square meters in factory building areas.The products are best-sold to Euro-America,Mid-east as the Southeastern Asia and other regions.
We are looking forward to your possibility inquiry letter and hope to help you with your hardware importing.Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you and you can let us know your requirement by email or other connection terms.We will go further once recieve your inquiry letter.
Hope to hear from you soon.
Best regards,
Aidy P&N Hardware Manufacture Co.,Ltd Add:Zhaoyi Road,Dongsheng Town,Zhongshan city. Guangdong Province,China. Tel:86760-2223775 Fax:86760-2223747 Email: snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com
[...]

I'd do the sensible thing and pay a native language speaker to translate for me - at least you'd avoid some of the howlers.
--
*In some places, C:\ is the root of all directories *

That's the standard way of doing translations - always *into* the translators native language. (I worked in Tech Pubs for 11 years.)

Yup - my niece does this from German.
--
*Why don't you ever see the headline "Psychic Wins Lottery"?

geoff

<winke>
Und ich. Anche Italiano, perche parlo Tedesco e Italiano.
I suffer from having to read stuff translated into English by Italians who *think* they can speak English. It makes me shudder to think that's how my Italian must look to an Italian.

documents, especially from Scandinavia, that are difficult to understand. Even had to send back a technical manual source document from Korea that was so badly written that neither of us could make head nor tail of it.
I have also seen my English "corrected" by European clients on their websites.
--
Peter

Ying tong iddle-i po!

Yes, it's highly embarrassing isn't it
--
geoff

I wrote the proceedings for a symposium held in Spain a few years ago. The idea was to use a native English speaker to review the papers presented at the meeting and "polish" the English in collaboration witht he speakers to get a high standard of English and a uniform quality of presentation.
I wrote the entire lot, then handed it on to the publisher, end of my involvement. About a year later my brother (who still works as a scientist) was approached by a rep who was handing out copies of the book I had written. Bro. noticed my picture on the inside cover and my name as the author of the booklet and called me to query the English which was in some sort of weird Kraut dialect.
A German manager of the company that I did the work for had edited every item because she disagreed with the way I had written it and turned it from English into a weird creole. I'm still trying to live that one down.

Well, maybe just a bit
--
geoff

writes

--
geoff

That would have been nice. But no.

bands to copper wire, all written by the same person I'm sure
--
geoff