WD40 with PTFE

Very good results with slightly rusty cheap padlocks outside. Very handy to have the permanently fixed straw (how long to you manage to keep yours?)

Sprayed them about a week ago, still as free as when sprayed. These ones usually start to feel dry by now.

Reply to
newshound

Once around the tin and straw with duck tape. They pull out easily enough first time, and can be easily slotted back in.

Yet to find a use for WD40 when using duck tape however.

michael adams

michael adams

Is this about WD40 with small PTFE beads in? When I was a lad, you could get a similar spray to WD40 with PTFE beads in. Can't remember what it was called, but it was in a tiny black spray can.

Reply to
Dan S. MacAbre

This is a new version is it? I had a kind of puffer lubricant withptfe in it and it was also very handy to puff inside door locks etc. That is the main component of Teflon I believe?

Its probably dangerous if inhaled. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Or angle grinders? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

LDR something or other made by 3 in 1 as I recall, but it was not that good I never thought. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Reply to
Dan S. MacAbre

No, completely biologically inert. Only dangerous when heated above 350 C.

Reply to
newshound

Seems OK on uPVC door multi-point locking, stinks like a mouldy old dishcloth though ...

Reply to
Andy Burns