WD-40 makes my day

I was following a car this morning that drove through a big puddle on a roundabout and then "kangeroo jumped" to a stop in the the road as it left the roundabout.

I stopped to help (could not get past) and the female driver asked if she could use my mobile phone to call for the AA. The phone was not needed. I used lots of WD40 on the HT leads etc and got the car going again.

I am taking her out for a drink tonight.

Well done WD-40.

The Medway Handyman can add tip that to another of WD-40 uses.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Remember, WD40 is not a lubricant.

Reply to
Paul Herber

Personally, I think WD-40 is a bit strong for a first date.

Perhaps she might like a glass of wine, or a beer instead?

Still, the good news is that you remembered to use neither the angle grinder nor the pressure washer. ;-)

Reply to
Bruce

But it can be useful for freeing up parts that have seized through a lack of use ...

Reply to
Bruce

Hmmm, thinks back to his own car related chat up events over the years.

1) Driving past Chorleywood railway station one day in about 1980 and this drop dead gorgeous, spectacularly endowed (I can't even begin to describe just how spectacularly but think Russ Meyer films!) blonde girl leaps out into the road waving at me. Turned out to be a Swedish au pair girl recently arrived in the country and trying to blag a lift back to the house she was working at a mile or so away. Well she got the lift and I got a date which went rather well and I really should have got quite a lot more but never followed up on it again for reasons I don't recall but perhaps because I'd broken up with someone recently and wasn't quite ready. Still kicking myself about that 30 years later. 2) A couple of years later I'm driving back from Amersham on the main road and another blonde girl is trying to hitch a lift. I pick her up and stone me it turns out to be another Swedish au pair girl who's actually over here from the same village in Sweden as the first one who's her friend and recommended she try coming to Chorleywood too. What are the odds? 3) Sitting in a line of traffic waiting to get onto a roundabout in Aberdeen in 1985 and a car driven by a girl who had probably only recently passed her test and definitely shouldn't have been allowed near a car comes across the roundabout from the other direction, through no one's fault but her own lack of driving ability clips the kerb as she exits onto my road, panics, slams her foot on the accelerator not the brake and hurtles across the road into the side of the taxi in front of me. Still with her foot hard down she screeches down the side of the taxi and ends up stopped buried in my front offside wing.

Turns out she's rather tasty and somewhat to my shame given the circumstances after reassuring her that it's only sheet metal and of no great importance as long as everyone's ok I chat her up and get a phone number once she's calmed down a bit. I couldn't quite bring myself to follow up on it later though.

Must remember to put some WD40 in the car though just in case.

Reply to
Dave Baker

But I bet he's hoping to fill'er body.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

be careful where you put the little red straw.

Reply to
Jules

Surely it should be her that takes you for a drink?

Reply to
Frank Erskine

nah - car fixed AND a drink - what can she possibly say? ;>)

(needless to say we will of course expect a full "progress" report with appropriate JPGs MP4s etc...) ta JimK

Reply to
JimK

In article , Dave Baker writes

Complete fantasy! I recognise this one from the script of the planned but never released 'Confessions of an Engine Reamer' circa 1978 ;-)

Reply to
fred

It did what it said on the can. Its a water dispersant.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

No smiley, so the mind boggles :-)

Dave

Reply to
Dave

But surely, if the nuts are adjusted accordingly...

Dave

Reply to
Dave

One of the few things I've found it useful for (although I used similar stuff as 'Esso HT lead sptray' or some such.

Remember it's no good for lubrication! .-)

Reply to
Bob Eager

In article , Dave Baker scribeth thus

Reckon thats Three chances and your out!.....

Reply to
tony sayer

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "ARWadsworth" saying something like:

Rots condoms, doesn't it?

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

In article , Grimly Curmudgeon scribeth thus

Come on Grimley!, tell us all of what you know on that;)..

Reply to
tony sayer

I am afraid we only get Eastern European au pairs in South Yorkshire.

Probably the daftest thing I ever did was give a lift one night to a drop dead gorgeous Slovakian au pair. The next morning I decided to go back to the house I dropped her off at, knocked on the door and asked her out. Six weeks later I married her.

My fiancee at the time hit the roof.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

In message , Grimly Curmudgeon writes

The depth of personal experience in this NG never fails to amaze ...

Reply to
geoff

Not much chance of Adams parts seizing through lack of use....

Reply to
The Medway Handyman