Way to go den ...

I'm not. You don't know that there was. Let's say that you're driving along past parked cars and you come to a zebra crossing and an uncontrolled dog runs out at the last minute - literally as you get to the crossing - 1m in front of you. There is no way to avoid an accident resulting from that.

That would depend on how far away the dog was when it ran into the road

Because it may well not be the driver's error.

Reply to
Andy Hall

It says the same about everyone who is honest.

Reply to
Andy Hall

That frankly is highly insulting to a dedicated & caring bunch of people who spend years training and work long, antisocial hours for relatively little reward.

You are a very sad man. I don't think I'm alone in forming that opinion.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I wish they would not wait on motorway bridges. When you are doing over a ton you think it is a speed camera as you approach the bridge.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadworth

It's a well-known fact ( at least by those who've given the matter any thought at all ) that those people who have what we might call 'morbid jobs' develop a correspondingly morbid sense of humour. It's a perfectly natural and healthy human reaction to the high levels of emotional stress that are associated with such professions, and will be found in any trade that deals with the human condition in extremis - such as undertakers, emergency services personnel, sewermen, health workers and those in the armed forces. That people are offended by it or fail to grasp the concept of 'dark humor'(sic) within the proper context simply means they have no understanding of the rigours of the job in question.

Thus the next time you find yourself in hospital having your piles dealt with you can be pretty sure that someone on the staff will have a laugh at your expense afterwards - and, frankly, who can blame them?

Regards,

Reply to
Stephen Howard

Keep digging.

Reply to
dennis

I have nothing against paramedics, yours need retraining to become paramedics.

You are just confusing what paramedics are. You are talking about ambulance technicians AFAICS. While these are trained they shouldn't be attending cardiac calls as they can't administer the required treatment. Now go away and learn something before you start insulting others.

PS I hope that they get some medical training as well as a one day course in driving the fast response cars.. having someone arrive ten minutes early who can't do the required treatment is a waste of time.

If your NHS trust can't afford paramedics then its time someone sorted them out.

Reply to
dennis

So you have a comprehension problem then? Read the post again and then stop making excuses for bad driving.

Yes it was!

Reply to
dennis

They do that on purpose. It catches the short sighted drivers out a lot.

Ever been for an eye test?

Reply to
dennis

For an answer from you? I stopped doing that a while back.

Reply to
Andy Hall

No, but clearly you do.

Were you there?

Were you there?

Reply to
Andy Hall

Read the post and stop looking a fool.

Read the post and stop looking a fool.

A hint: he said the person stepped back but the dog didn't! It didn't run out despite your claims.

Reply to
dennis

So the dog was not properly under control.

You claim that that is the driver's fault.....?

Reply to
Andy Hall

One feels that in all of this, as always, dennis is protesting far too much.

One wonders if he has a dark driving secret in his past...

Reply to
Bob Eager

One wonders if Dennis is into fire engines rather than ambulances. :-)

Reply to
Rod

Because the crew are reminiscent of gladiators?

Reply to
Andy Hall

I was quite surprised to find that fire crews are often out and about "doing the knowledge". It's not being able to be where *they* want to be (e.g. parked outside the chippy) that's the problem.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

.

Including the soldier (in Iraq?) who threw himself on top of a grenade that was about to explode in order to help out his comrades? Thankfully, he lived to tell the tale and receive the medal.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

However, I thought I heard him say that he was convinced he was going to die so just tried to save his comrades. (That in no way diminishes what he did.)

Reply to
Rod

Considering you've been telling others to go back and read the original post, you obviously need to pay more attention yourself.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q