Way OT, but a real good news day!

Depends which drill. Obviously when there's a bottom to the hole it needs to come up.

covers the various means quite well.

On the hole where they'd managed a pilot, the stuff fell out of the bottom and was moved by the miners - they still had a lot of space to play with, and I think possibly even machinery.

Reply to
Clive George

I understand that they had drilled several probe holes until they were discovered on the 17th day.

Presumably the mine managers knew which faces were active and would have known where the possible refuges were. As it is, one of the fortunate factors seems to be that the collapse occurred while the shift were on a meal break, so the team was all together in the same place.

Reply to
OG

Let's also honour the people from the (above) ground crew who took the tube DOWN to assist the recovery before any of the miners had been retrieved.

Reply to
OG

I don't know, but I've not seen this many minors brought out of the ground since they excavated Fred West's patio.

Reply to
Phil L

trés drôle:-(

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Ever seen one of those magnets quench?

Reply to
Andy Dingley

In article , dave scribeth thus

Very quickly as I had this happen after a series of scans last year. On one of them the machine seemed like it was coming off its mountings and I thought summatt was wrong so we hit the switch!. As it happened it was alright, just hadn't had that particular type of scan before;!..

Mind you I suspect that if you wanted to get out quick you'd manage one way or the other;!..

Still fascinating to see a fMRI showing which bits of you brain are active whilst doing various things in an MRI machine, 'tho it makes me wonder seeing the bore size of these how they managed to do these tests;)...

tony sayer

Yes rather .. I have to have these from time to time and once I thought I'd be brave and dispense with the ear plugs;!..

Not a wise idea at all!...

Back to the original topic the MRI bore is about a bit bigger then that tunnel but by the time you've got them coils etc around your head then it does feel rather claustrophobic in there .. still when you see what these machines can do its all worthwhile:)...

Reply to
tony sayer

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Peter Scott saying something like:

They had LED lighting built in and some music, iirc.

I notice Oakley were quick off the mark, handing out 350quid pairs of specs - product placement.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

And that was meant to be funny?

Reply to
The Wanderer

I saw a clip where one of them was driving a vehicle.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Yes. Particularly the man who went down first and was the last to leave, even if he didn't remember to put the lights out.

Reply to
Ericp

Just a thought , I suppose you know when a newsgroup is dead when a story like this hasn't sporned a single post, I am referring to uk.rec.subterranea

Reply to
Graham.

In message , Grimly Curmudgeon writes

Was it piped music ?

Reply to
geoff

They went to a mailing list (for members) several years ago. Membership is quite reasonable.

Reply to
<me9

Isaac Hayes Greatest Hits probably

Reply to
OG

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember geoff saying something like:

One or two of them had to face it and dance, up top.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember The Wanderer saying something like:

Yep. It be about this time o' year when you want to start thinkin' about plantin some bodies...

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

I could have had a copy in the same way, but what I meant was that the doctor did not show it to me at the time, as happened with the MRI scan and angiogram.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

On 14/10/2010 21:38, tony sayer wrote: ...

Ear plugs? I had earphones with a choice of music.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar