Waterproofing roller blind?

The 'standard' (120 cm) roller blind in our main bathroom needs replacing, and this time I want to choose more carefully. The blind is fitted to just cover the tiled window recess above the bath, extending a few inches beyond on either side, and is effectively part of the 'shower area'. (A normal railed shower curtain completes the enclosure.) The blind therefore has to meet at least these two requirements:

  1. It must be totally opaque, as the frosted glass window still allows a clear silhouette of whoever is showering to be seen from outside.

  1. It needs to be at least water-resistant, if not waterproof. The present one became badly water-stained within a month or two. It was then reversed, so that the plain, shiny, unattractive side is facing inwards, but it is still being stained.

Our first shopping excursions were not very successful. There appears to be a rather narrow choice. So I wonder if anyone knows if there is a SPRAY of some sort that can be applied to the fabric side of an opaque blind which would protect it against water please?

Reply to
Terry Pinnell

How about this:

- search for "spray")

It's "Nikwax Spray On Proofer", and is intended for use on outdoor clothing.

Reply to
Hywel

Hi,

Try a blackout blind, with some silicone waterproofer like suede protector. It will still need cleaning and more waterproofer from time to time.

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

Your could try Renaissance wax. It's amazing stuff and should do what you want and much more. Goggle will give you more info.

I think it is available nationally but I buy mine from the manufacturers: Picreator Enterprises Ltd

44 Park View Gardens, Golders Green, London NW4 2PN Phone: 020 8202 8972

No connection with them, just a hearty recommendation.

HTH

Sunbeam

Reply to
Sunbeam

Many thanks for all three of those suggestions, which I'll explore.

Reply to
Terry Pinnell