waterproof adhesive

We are looking for a strong waterproof adhesive (preferably one that can be applied to damp surfaces) for sticking rubbery materials that will be in wet conditions. (think of it as being similar to sticking rubber soles on shoes ).

(ideally it will not be in a sealant tube, but preferably in a pot with a lid). Thanks.

Reply to
Dave West

It would help if you just came out and told us what it's intended for instead of giving obscure clues.

Reply to
Phil L

Check out Shoe Goo

Roger Mills

It probably requires you to prove your age before going any further!

Reply to
Davey

Reply to
Phil L

wet before gluing, or afterwards?

If the latter, try a spirit based contact adhesive like evostik original.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

don't think evostik would be any good if it is wet

Copydex ot any latex based might be better option .......... or thr small tubes of paddling pool repair glue.

Reply to
Rick Hughes

You think wrong:

"*spirit* based contact adhesive like evostik *original*"

Thats the stinky stuff you need to be 18 to buy.

No., that lets go when its wet.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Two part polyurethane adhesives have the best cure properties if you can handle them without getting yourself glued to the job. Otherwise the generic Evostick is probably about as good as it gets in a shed.

Reply to
Martin Brown

Just been fiddling about trying to put some stick-on soles on a pair of ladies' boots. Good old Clarks, selling footwear that will send you skidding over any tiled surface when wet, and I'm talking ice rink slippery. I had a pair that did that many moons ago and I just binned them. Anyway, the self adhesive they came with didn't work, nor did generic contact adhesive, nor did hot melt. Super glue looks promising but probably won't be flexible enough. Strange thing is that the hot melt bonded pretty well to the shoe but not even slightly to the stick-on sole. Yeah, I know about Shoe Goo, but I get the feeling these soles are made from something weird (looks like crepe, and not smooth, but absolutely bloody lethal)

Reply to
stuart noble

The glue you used to be able to get from woolworths in small tubes for their stick-a-soles used to be brilliant stuff.

But have not seen anything similar since. It said it was polyurethane on the tube, and their seem to be a lot of adhesives about calling themselves polyurethane now, but as far as i can see i dont think they are the same at all.

Reply to
Dave West

i use the top one for repairing wetsuits, your application will be lower stress. The repair lasts a year

Reply to
misterroy