waterflow greatly reduced through combi

What boiler, what size is it, how old is it?

Reply to
geoff

new 38Cdi combi he said in the OP.

Reply to
John Rumm

Ah - ... I lost everything with a bad CRC file yesterday - a gap between the backup on the 3rd and now

38 CDi is fairly massive for an average house straightforward modureg control on the gas

leads to the question as to whether the 2ndry HE is scaled up or if there's a blockage somewhere

Reply to
geoff

Yup certainly possible, seems a bit soon if it is new though. More likely the installer was a tad over enthusiastic with the manual flow limiting I would have thought.

Reply to
John Rumm

In message , John Rumm writes

The CDi range is non-condensing, so it can't be that new unless illegally installed

Reply to
geoff

"Fully condensing in both central heating and domestic hot water modes" according to WB.

Reply to
GB

Actually, of course - I was thinking junior

completely different animal

its been a hard day

Reply to
geoff

My reply doesn't seem to have appeared

Yes - I was thinking of the Junior not the CDi (C stands for condensing DUH!)

Its been a hard day

But still, its an old boiler- it was superseded by the greenstar years ago

Reply to
geoff

It's a Greenstar CDi Classsic

Chris

Reply to
christopher

In message , geoff writes

No - I was correct the first time around the CDi range are NOT condensing boilers

The Greenstar range, however, are

Reply to
geoff

Isn't the OP's boiler a Greenstar 38CDi?

Central heating output: 30kW Domestic hot water flow rate: 16.4 litres per minute at 35 degree temperature rise (provided adequate mains pressure is available)

I think I am confused...

Reply to
polygonum

Yes, but the magic word "greenstar" was missing from the description I was given

Reply to
geoff