Water temp

I just measured 21C incomer temp for the wiki, I expected much lower. What's typical for winter?

NT

Reply to
NT

That does sound far too high. Run the tap for a few minutes and take it again.

Ground temperature around a metre down (where the street water main should be) is supposed to stay pretty constant all year round. I'd expect + few degrees.

You might find a clue on soil temps underground by looking at Ground Source heat pump calculations?

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

I found around 5 to 7 deg C in the winter.

Reply to
John Rumm

Indeed - it stays at about 55F (12.8C) year-round at our place (in the US) despite an air temperature swing of 110F or more. That's from a private well of about 80' deep, and connecting pipework about 7-8' below ground level.

cheers

Jules

Reply to
Jules Richardson

About 5 degC.

Reply to
Roger Mills

I did run it for a few minutes. I was very surprised how high it was, but it was.

NT

Reply to
NT

Round here however long you run it the water is very cold in winter and too warm to be refreshing in winter. Used to have an electric shower running from the mains. Needed completely different settings in summer from winter.

Reply to
Hugh - in either England or Sp

thanks everyone. The figures were used in a new section on the wiki

NT

------------8><

We still do and our experience is the same.

Reply to
Apellation Controlee

21C does sound very high. Ground temp at regulation 750mm depth ought to be around 10 to 15C and fairly steady summer/winter. Of course the source water temp in an open reservior may well vary quite a bit so depending on how far you are from that reservior... I guess treated water stored in a water tower will also warm a bit during the summer.
Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Mine is currently 19.5C

Reply to