Water stains inside glass of oven door

Our oven door has the usual glass front, consisting of an inner pane of glass and an outer pane. During cleaning, water has somehow got onto the INNER surfaces of each pane, leaving long thin stains from top to bottom.

I took the door back to where we had bought the cooker. The people there said "this was a common problem", and "all I had to do" was completely disassemble the door to get at the inside of the glass.

I think this is nonsense. I have never seen such a problem in any oven door before. Also, there is certainly nothing in the instruction manual that tells me to unscrew all the retaining screws that hold the door together and then remove the glass from the door to clean it!

I believe this problem is either a design fault or a manufacturing fault. Anyone else had this problem?

Reply to
news

It's a design fault but what can't be cured must be endured. If you don't like it do something about it.

About twice a year I do mine, it's very satisfying.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Same here...be careful when you undo the last screw as the door will spring back into the closed position. The first time mine did it I nearly dropped the glass on the floor!

Reply to
MadJen

It seems pretty normal to me to remove the inner pane to clean between the glass panes. It's not like they're DG sealed units!

The ones I've dealt with are clearly intended to be easily disassembled for this purpose. Just remove a couple of screws, lift out the metal retaining ring and the inner glass tips out. The outside glass remains in place, but is easily cleaned from behind.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle