Water softners: Electronic vs. Salt...

When are you pissing off to Italy? Please go soon.

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

£52 a year to run and many, many £100s to install. Wow!

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

Its easy enough to prove.

What is the hardness of the water on the inlet side? What is it on the outlet side?

I will put my bet on "there is no difference".

You can get it tested by the water suppliers if you want.

Reply to
dennis

PS

"You'd only need treated (de-ionized) water for the initial fill if there were a requirement to use anti-freeze..."

By this I meant the usual propylene or ethylene glycol antifreeze mixtures. I believe that excessively hard water will be detrimental to the corrosion inhibitors in most commercial anti-freeze solutions.

I think the Ice Energy system is a ground source heat pump and the underground heat source pipes are filed with a water & anti-freeze mixture. I think they use an alcohol as the anti-freeze & don't know what their requirements for the water quality are.

Reply to
Aidan

No, it doesn't.

Please provide a link to any independant studies that show these things working.

sponix

Reply to
s--p--o--n--i--x

I bet you have one of those plug in pest eliminator thingumies that they sell on the shopping channels. You know, you plug them in and it apparently turns your ring main into an invisible force field.

sponix

Reply to
s--p--o--n--i--x

Where?

All I have been able to find is sales blurb generated by the companies that sell them.

Please link to an independant scientific report that shows these things are worthwhile.

sponix

Reply to
s--p--o--n--i--x

Nah he couldn't afford it after he spent all that cash on a fuel line conditioner that improves your fuel efficiency by 30%.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

I've got an electronic elephant scarer in my back garden and that works well too.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Since when have you been in my place? It takes away scale. IT WORKS. Are you hard of thinking?

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

MINE WORKS. I don't need someone else to tell it works. Do you get an independent man to tell if your car moves?

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

No, because I am not an idiot. How does yours work?

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

Me.

Also do a Google on this ng. Enough comes up. Ignore the same idiot trolls, who have never seen one and say they don't work.

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

What is it - a radio controlled mouse?

you really shouldn't scare elephants, you know. they're very sensitive creatures & have long memories.....

Reply to
RichardS

Not had many elephants round recently? It really must be very effective. Can I buy one?

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Find out if it uses too many batteries first. Have you developed the caber tossing technique yet?

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

I've tried a google and I find exactly one poster who claims they work for mains water (i.e. not in a closed loop like CH)

Have a guess who that one person is ?

Cheers,

John

Reply to
John Anderton

A Google search will show you're pretty well the only one who says they work - despite the hundreds saying they don't *and* explaining why.

Perhaps you simply live in a soft water area? And it's gone to your head?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

It doesn't at all, look again. How is the electric caber going?

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

Solar powered.