water softeners - errrrrm

I searched through the Google usenet archive and found the thread on water softeners.

Culligan, Waterside, Ecowater, Atlantis were mentioned as good makes.

Atlantis's web-site states that Waterside have now been taken over by Culligan. The Atlantis site seems very flashy and makes great play of how clever the salt-fill lid is which seems rather trivial to me. It also claims that their model is a development forwards from the Culligan models but doesn't say in what way, (other than the lid!).

A local supplier sells Monarch but these weren't mentioned in the thread. What do people think of them? They seem to be the only manufacturer to offer a 5 year (parts) guarantee.

Ecowater claim to have more softeners in UK homes than any other manufacturer but costs more than the others. The EASE telephone reporting system seems to be a gimmick.

I'd be grateful for comments.

Thanks.

Reply to
NoSpamThanks

Try these people for reliable/ very competitive range: dont have web site.

Softeners Direct Essex

01376 329777

I'm very impressed with their Genus SD500 unit that replaced an earlier Permutit one I had.

Price for the above, suitable for a family of up to 8, is £382...free next day delivery. Get leaflets in my Gas Installer magazine, dont think they promote to Joe Public.

Reply to
Gel