Water Softener

Hi, I've just fitted a replacement for our 20+ years old one that had finally packed up beyond repair. The new one has a water meter to set up recharging etc.

I've got a manual fo the valve set which tells me how to set: Hardness, Capacity ans salt usage, but dosn't tell me how to decide what numbers to set these at. Any ideas on how to make these decisions? Thanks Dick

Reply to
Dick Emery

Hardness: contact your water company. If you want to double-check, buy a hardness kit from a swimming pool agent.

Capacity and salt usage should be fixed for a given ion exchange tank, leave them alone. The instructions you are reading are for the valve, not the unit as a whole.

Reply to
Nigel Molesworth

Check your water suppliers web site - most have details of the hardness per area covered. e.g:

John Rumm

Use a testing kit. Until you know better, set it to 300. The other numbers need to be had from the manufacturer. They've probably been preset.

Christian McArdle