Water pressure reduction valve for W.C.?

Our wc gets through washers every 6 months or so. I've even changed the complete ballcock assem. for a "proper" brass one - and still the overflow shows the washer has started to wear again (The ball height is bang on the high-water mark).

Is there some kind of water pressure reduction valve I can put in line with the water feed to the wc?

The pressure seem high (but I've not measured it). I have an isolating value in-line there now - but if I try reducing the pressure by turning it on a little - the noise it makes is awful.

Reply to
dave

Last time I was dealing with a brass ballcock, there was a choice of inserts with it. One effectively made the supply pipe narrower.

(On that occasion, the old ballcock had seen to the issue itself. It had scaled up to the extent of taking around 7 minutes to refill the cistern. The new, smaller, cistern, fills in around 30 seconds so it was not a mains supply issue.)

Reply to
polygonum

Water pressure often rises at night so that may be the problem. There could be a fault in the supply system. You might want to checkwith neighbours water pressure & get in touch with your supplier, they may fit a reducing valve or one already fitted elsewhere can be adjusted/replaced. I have a pressure reducing valve/isolating valve (not owned by me) buried in my driveway which I have adjusted to suit myself. You may have similar

Another solution is to make the hole in your float valve jet smaller. Take out the jet an fill from the back/upstream side with Araldite/solder and redrill smaller.

Turning stop valves down won't help.

Reply to
harryagain

On Friday 21 June 2013 12:43 dave wrote in uk.d-i-y:

That won;t do anything for the static pressure - but it will reduce the flow.

If that is what you want to do, try one of these in place of the ball valve:

part 17527

You need an insert too from a couple of items down - choose the one you think will work.

I have these to stop the basin in the bathroom gushing too violently (I have high pressure too). They are quiet and reliable (unless your water has any bits in in which can that can block the holes).

Reply to
Tim Watts