Water pressure again but different

SNIP

I don't suppose for one minute water companies expect the general public to have pressure gauges, but they do expect plumbers and other suitably educated people to do so. How did the water company get involved and actually dig out the 2 foot section you mention? Presumably someone informed them there was a problem and they sent a team out to investigate.

Lifes a bitch sometimes

Reply to
cynic

Are you sure that the flow rate will vary linearly with the pressure? It would be nice, but it seems awfully convenient to me.

Reply to
Martin Bonner

I think you'll find you can take it as approximately linear over a limited range, when the flow is not changing from laminar to turbulent

- but you'd need more information to work out where the transition occurs. It's a long time since I did any of this kind of calculation, and I'm not sure at this stage where my notes have gone...

Reply to
docholliday

Hired, as in paying money? Every time I want to check? The water pressure here is so high that all my taps and valves were having problems. So I've fitted a pressure reducing valve.

The water authority has no idea what the pressure is. They have no idea about anything much. My neighbour's water meter stopped going around about 5 years ago so they pay nothing for water.

Reply to
Matty F