Water pipe bore and depth

Whats the largest bore water pipe you can connect to the house from the mains and how deep does it have to be buried? i.e. can I bury it nearer the surface it is in a protected position, like right by the side of my footings about 18 inches down?

Reply to
Quigs

As large as you like. The water comy connects it to the stop c*ck. So, if they say you are getting a 25mm MDPE pipe and you want a larger bore because of the length from pavement to the house, just provide them with the reducers to 25mm.

From 700mm to 1 metre depending on water company.

No. minimum 700mm. Depending on the water company, if you are on a meter they will allow overground black MDPE pipe, but with heavy lagging and maybe trace heating to keep it from freezing. All assessed case by case.

Reply to
IMM

You can go as big as you like ... but for a domestic house as long as you have normal pressure and a typical run. the water authority will probably limit you to 25mm.

If you push them they may give you 32mm.

In any event the depth of the pipe is 750mm

Rick

Reply to
Rick Hughes

Depth is about frost protection .........

2 foot six is what I have always used.

I recommend adding extra stop taps if its a long run, it took 3 days to re-dig mine last year (180m) when it leaked, and I could not find the leak.

I have also enclosed my 25mm pipe inside some spare 63mm pipe where its neer the house, as I am still working with big machiines neer the house ..

The bigger pipe is very much more expensive, the 63mm I got for my sewage (long story) was very hard to work with.

Rick

Reply to
Rick Dipper