Water on side of house damaging?

I have water coming from a neighbours house (overflowing drain) which runs across a shared alleyway onto the corner of my brickbuilt property. Will this do any damage ( e.g. cause damp problems)? Is there any way I can stop it getting into my brickwork. I've told them but they haven't done anything yet.
Enchanting Ari Bowles wrote:

Can you not temporarily divert the flow of water (preferably back to their property) with a piece of MDF or a concrete flagstone until they see some sense. In the meantime, unless the flow is higher than your damp proof course, it probably won't do much damage. Presumably this is a surface drain (roof etc) which probably just needs pressure jetting.
Terry D.
Enchanting Ari Bowles wrote:

Could cause problems esp if it freezes. Could make the path treacherous too and they could be liable for any accident. Get it stopped or as other poster said, divert it onto their property. Neighbour of mine had similar problem with his neighbour's overflow. We diverterted it onto their wall by simply pushing a 45 bend on the end. They soon fixed the problem when their own wall got wet :-)