Water minimum flow rate ??

Does anyone know the minimum flow rate water boards are supposed to provide ?

I have reasonable pressure, but the flow rate seems very low (as though the stop c*ck wasn't fully 'on' - it would be VERY useful to know if there is a minimum that is supposed to be provided

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

9 litres a minute the last time I looked.
Reply to
IMM

They have an obligation to provide a minimum water pressure, but not sure if there is a legal minimum flow rate. I would say tha anything less than 8 lpm would benefit from investigating. You may have a leak. Ask around the neighbours and see if they have the same flow. What sort of pipe do you have from the road? If its lead you may get it replaced cheap by the water board.

Reply to
Mike Hibbert

9lpm, aka a trickle.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Thanks all for rapid replies - most helpful - is there an 'official source' that I can quote ??

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

at DG2

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

What about a shared supply? Are the figures multiplied by the number of houses running of the shared supply?

Also does the local council have plans for where the pipes go?

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Beck