Water Meter Fitting

Yorkshire water did ours, it took about ten minutes.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Ours went down by a lot.

And it if encourages people to be aware of their water use and not waste it that will be a good thing.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

It is well worth it for us. We have six butts round the garden, collecting water from the house roof, shed roof and greenhouse roof. One has a perforated hose which is in the greenhouse borders, meaning that I never have to water them. The others are next to the veg plots so there's no standing with a hose or unrolling it and putting it away.

There's nothing like laziness carried out well.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Thankfully, it's a conventional boiler. I've heard a lot of mixed views re combi-boilers.

Reply to
Ed_Zep

I fitted our meter 12½ years ago and we've saved ~46% each year since then. This works out at ~£3400 over the period. Most of the time there were 4 of us in the household.

The only way I can see bills going up is if you live in a dwelling that had a very low rateable value on which the water rates were based.

Thanks for all the replies. It was due to be installed today.

First problem was that due to the age of the house the external stopcock turned off next door's water and the guy from Severn Trent said that I wouldn't be able to have an internal meter. I said "if it's going to be too much hassle..." Severn Trent have a bizarre rule that says only the person who asked for the meter installed can ask to go back to unmetered water and that has to be in 12 months. After that I'm stuck with it, as would be the new occupants when I come to sell. If that's a family, the bills would almost certainly go up. Then he mentioned how people at the Severn Trent call centre don't have them fitted!

The compromise is "assessed consumption" charge so I might get some sort of reduction.

Ed.

Reply to
Ed_Zep

Only if they waste water.

They're probably in Bombay.

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Cynic! :)

Reply to
Ed_Zep

I wanted to say it before anyone else did, it's not like me normally :-)

It was too good an opportunity to miss ...

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

ng a meter installed are - for us - considerable but we had

But when it's empty the rain fills it again and that's another =A32.80...

Reply to
manatbandq

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...

To save money?

That's the water company scare tactics because they know they have to fit the meter for free and they will lose revenue as a result.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq