Water joints buried inside walls.

I have to bury a 1/2" BSP (using washer) and a compression joint inside a (solid) wall, i.e. basically, no access from behind etc. (BSP compression elbow behind bar mixer), I've done this before, no problems, but I just wondered, what could I do to make leaks "impossible". e.g. thread sealants, bandages etc. Any-one else bother with this, or do we all just hope its all OK ? Cheers, Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

I would use jointing compound and look for any leaks before closing the hole.

Reply to
Codswallop

On 6 Nov 2006 07:10:49 -0800 someone who may be "sm_jamieson" wrote this:-

Screwfix (and no doubt others) offer something which allows one to bring 15mm pipes out of the wall and into a compression fitting, onto which bar mixers fit. Seems like a good way of avoiding a joint in the wall to me.

Reply to
David Hansen

You could slather it totally in chemical metal afterwards.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Pressure test it first. If it's to be driven from a shower pump then mains pressure should do, if it's to run at mains pressure then it should be tested with a pump which can deliver about half as much again as the mains is likely to. You may be able to hire one (they're > £100 to buy) but if you don't do at least test at mains with hot water.

Reply to
John Stumbles