water heaters at screwfix?

Hi,

I am looking for an electric water heater, the type that takes cold mains water and heats it up to supply the hot tap; usually fitted below or just above the basin. I thought Screwfix sold them but had a quick look through the paper and internet catalogues before dashing to the trade counter but can't find any. Have they stopped selling them? If not, what section are they under; I couldn't see them anywhere? Any recommendations what to buy/not to buy?

Thanks.

Reply to
Fred

Plenty to chose form here:

John Rumm

[tlc]

Thanks for that. What are your opinions on these? The over sink heaters I have seen before, especially those with the "shower head" type tap seem to have poor flow.

I was wondering whether it would be easier to use an instantaneous water heater to supply hot water to the garage, rather than run the house CH supply, with all the lagging etc. problems that would involve? Which would you do?

Thanks.

Reply to
Fred

The small unvented ones that go under the sink and feed a normal tap are not bad, and they can maintain a respectable flow for a short while - enough to wash your hands or fill the basin. Some will run cool if not given recovery time, but not always a problem.

Reply to
John Rumm