Water flow

Hi,
Does anyone know of what a typical flowrate might be for a domestic household under mains pressure.
Recently my water company fixed a major external leak to the area which resulted in an increase in flow and pressure. So much so that I had to throttle the feed to my instant hot water boiler and toilet cistern etc.
I'm thinking of using the new isolating valve that was put in after the new water meter to throttle the flow back to all my water services.
I just wondered what sort of flow rate is good. Thinking of filling a bucket under timed conditions or maybe using the water meter counter itself.
Thanks for reading.
Neil
On Sun, 23 Nov 2003 17:04:05 -0000, "Neil D."

20-30 litres per minute at the rising main is good.
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Only throttle back individual taps and the inlet to your instant hot water heater. Some taps can be left unthrottled, such as a kitchen tap and garden taps, where maximum flow rate for watering or filling buckets is useful.
Christian.