water butt pumping

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "spamlet" saying something like:

I recall a post describing a Klargester sewage bottle popping back up out of the ground and merrily rolling downhill. Istr it was half-full and disgorged many of its contents as it went.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Anita Palley saying something like:

I'm sure you'll find plenty who don't mind inspecting your plumbing.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

It is hose pipes that we would be using it for. If we later changed our plans and wanted to connect taps, could the accumulator be retrofitted or do you have to buy them fitted to the pump?

Sorry, my fault, I didn't read the description thoroughly.

Machine mart list two categories: clean:

dirty:
good they are and the difference between them, I don't know.

I shall follow your suggestion of placing the pump on a plant pot, so hopefully even a "clean" water pump would be fine.

Thanks again.

Reply to
Fred

I have found some more submersible pumps in toolstation(under ground maintenance). I see the Machinemart pumps are rated around 200W but TS's offering are 400W. Does the larger power figure mean bigger flow or does it just mean more energy is wasted as heat and noise? The flows are 100L/min vs. 150L/min IIRC and I am sure this contains the usual marketing department stretching of figures. TIA

Reply to
Fred

I was having another look at the pumps in the Machine Mart catalogue. Those without the accumulator say they will pump 100L/min; those with the accumulator only pump 51L/min. The advantage of the accumulator seems to be that it increases the pressure to 2 to 3.5 bar. Which is more important: a high flow rate or higher pressure?

Is 50L/min a good flow? What about 100L/min? I guess I'll have to put some jugs under the tap to see what flow I get from main water to compare.

Would water pumped without an accumulator be at 1 bar?

Thanks again.

Reply to
Fred

Large petrol storage tanks under garage forecourts have been known to rise up through the tarmac after prolonged rainfall as they float on the rising groundwater.

Reply to
Chris Hogg

And coffins of course.

Reply to