Watching this site

Been out of the UK for 10 years or so. Back home now and have finally bought a "dodgy" house whose owner died "intestate" 18 months ago. Whatever history the house had has been ignored by the sellers. It was obviously "raided" for many of it's fittings and fixtures and leaves many secrets unanswered. I have watched this site for over 3 months while the solicitors and others get their share of this sale and I have observed a lot of both good and bad advice given here. I just wish to thank those who "jump-in" with the correct advice to counter the "bad & dangerous" advice given by some of the cobblers that are also here. The house purchase is now complete and I will now enter this site with a lot of what may seem to be "dumb" questions. Those of you who offer the correct (and educated) advice should realise that your "uninvited" comments are ESSENTIAL to people like me and should never hesitate to jump-in to the conservation. Those of us who really need to know appreciate your help more than you realize. Please also realise that some of us don't know all that we think we know. Again--A special thanks to those of you who are qualified to help those of us who have lost track of the state of change in the UK for the past 10 years. Give me a week or so to get moved in to this house and I'll be back with a load of serious questions you can help with. OldRedneck thanks you.

Reply to
OldRedNeck

Welcome OldRedNeck. Good luck in your new home Sir.

( Look out lads, you're typing fingers' are gonna' get really busy in a little while. ) :-))

Reply to
BigWallop

Danger, Will Robinson, Danger! (Zachary Smiths homemade DIY robot flails its arms about as it utters that immortal comment.....)

Sexist comment alert! There are rumours that one or two of the senior species also read this forum.....and it pays not to get them upset :)

PoP

P.S. Just in case you "Lost In Space" fans didn't know. Bill Mumy, who played Will Robinson, is playing guitar or something with a band in the USA. I knew you'd want that update.....

Reply to
PoP

Current band is The Jenerators, notable for also featuring Miguel Ferrer

Also notorious as one half of "Barnes and Barnes", responsible for the truly bizzare and demented song (and video) "Fish Heads".More trivia - Rolling Stone voted the "Fish Heads" video #57 in its list of all-time-great videos. Even more trivia - Mumy also played Lennier in Babylon 5.

We now return to normal programming.

Cheers Clive

Reply to
Clive Summerfield