Watching the snow melt on rooves

Taking into account sunshine (It's briefly been sunny after a lot of snow here) you can see who's got plenty of loft insulation (or no heating on) - on the semis there's a band inbetween properties where the dividing wall is that melts first. And on the house with the strange extension on the roof their snow melted first of all this morning.

(It's a really strange dormer extension that sticks out at the side as well as the back - the one they had the huge amount of scaffolding for ages ago)

So what can you do about the gap between houses? Is it a cavity up to the roof and should it be insulated?

Reply to
mogga

Party walls vary. There are cavity ones. The one I was familiar with was a 9" brick wall up to about 2' below the roof, and a half brick wall from there up to the roof.

Might just be residual heat retained in the bricks from the previous day, keeping that bit of the roof warmer.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Amusing story

obervant copper. . .

Reply to
OG

In article , OG writes

Less amusing story

stupid and unrepentant coppers . . .

Reply to
fred

or

Agreed, the reported comments from the coppers on the day doesn't show them at their best.

Reply to
OG

I thought that was what the eciloP helicopter did with its IR camera.

Reply to
<me9

I am reminded of the story of the tealeaf who went a-burgling in the snow. It didn't require a very observant copper to follow his footsteps home.

Chris

Reply to
chrisj.doran