Watchdog article on Sofas causing skin problems

The programme showed a sofa having the bottom hessian stuff removed to expose a sachet of the harmful stuff.

In view of this I was wondering about checking a couple of leather settees that my daughter has. Does anyone know if removing the sachet of fungicide is sufficient? She isn't experiencing a problem - but I am thinking better safe than sorry.

Is it worth doing?

Reply to
John

If you've experienced skin problems following the purchase of a leather sofa, with labels indicating that it has been made by Linkwise, Eurosofa or any other manufacturer, you may wish to telephone the special helpline number - 0800 916 9070 - and give the details. The helpline is coordinated by the companies involved with the class action and can help provide contact details for manufacturers and assess potential claims.

You could ask them

Reply to
mogga

Dunno!

Seems to me there is the problem of knowing if you have found all the sachets.

Reply to
Rod

Meant also to say, what do you then do with the sachet(s) of extremely noxious stuff?

Reply to
Rod