Waste Problem Part II

OK so what the hell is going on with these waste pipe sizes, I just dont get it!!!! :(

To follow up on my last post:

I need to get a flexible waste pipe connector which reduces from what says a 43mm waste pipe down the side of it, which in fact only seems to measure 42mm to a 30mm waste. The 30mm pipe is chrome which attaches to a chrome bottle trap. So off I went to Graham and asked them to sort me something out.

They gave me a McAlpine flexi connector with a reducer on the end. The

42 or 43mm end push fits to my existing pipe no problem but the other end is way too big. I told them this in the shop but they weren't having any of it and they said they dont do any smaller. Measuring the end it is about 38mm in diameter which is way too big.

Someone please explain what I need, apart from a gun to the head.

TIA

Richard

Reply to
r.rain

to go to a shop that can sell you the right sized bit.

NT

Reply to
bigcat

Screwfix item no. 12833 is a pushfit plastic reducer (or expander if used backwards..) 40mm one end, 32mm the other. 55p each...

we've got a local Screwfix trade counter - makes life sooo much easier! Like Argos but with useful things in it.

Reply to
PC Paul

Ah stupid me, this is the one Dave pointed out to me on my last post, which I completely forgot about. This heat is getting to me!

Thanks for that

Richard

Reply to
r.rain