waste pipe into soil pipe?

I'm putting a sink and toilet in a downstairs room. Can I connect the sink waste to the soil pipe from the toilet, either inside the house onto the new toilet's waste or outside onto the soil pipe as it goes past?

tia

Antony

Reply to
antony.adshead

You should connect it to the soil stack and NOT to the waste pipe between the toilet and the soil stack,

Be a good Global citizen-CONSUME>CONFORM>OBEY

Circumcision- A crime and an abuse.

tarquinlinbin

You can buy connectors from your toilet to the waste pipe with a special connection for sink waste. I have one such in my small toilet, they are readily available from plumbers merchants.

Reply to
Broadback

You can do either. In the case of connecting it to the waste pipe from the lavatory to the soil stack there are 90 degree bends which have a built in flange for a basin waste.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Isnt there a greater danger of siphonage of the trap on the washbasin with such an installation though??

Be a good Global citizen-CONSUME>CONFORM>OBEY

Circumcision- A crime and an abuse.

tarquinlinbin

Umm no.

Reply to