Waste drainage problem

Hi,
I have just fitted a glass bowl basin in my bathroom, it has a pop-up waste and no overflow. I have problems getting the water to flow away, I usually have to operate the waste several times in quick succession, it seems as if there is an airlock.
Could this be because of no overflow to admit air?
If so, is it possible to fit some sort of device to admit air?
Many thanks in anticipation.
alex wrote:

5 quid in B&Q. I doubt it will help your problem though

Often the fancy looking items are a bit impractical like one toilet I fitted not too long ago, looks great but blocks very easily..
BillR wrote:

process of doing. I'm sure they all meet (somebody's) standards, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they work well in real life.
Any specific pointers?
Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK
snipped-for-privacy@cdixon.me.uk
Chris J Dixon wrote:

Anything will work with a saniflo pump :-)

The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Anyway, surely the s******w won't actually suck out of the pan, it simply pumps away (most of) what is presented to it
Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK
snipped-for-privacy@cdixon.me.uk

What is the regulatory position about sink & bath overflows?
IIRC it used to be down to local requirements.
Can the bath pop-up waste fittings that seem to be popular now be used without the overflow connection?
Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK
snipped-for-privacy@cdixon.me.uk
Chris J Dixon wrote:

I looked in my 2 year old regs copy, and the matters addressed are pipe diamter (32mm) and use of traps only. No mention is made of requirements for overflow.
I have left many a bath/sink/basin running and flooded the floor, even equipped with overflow. No overflow I have ever used can cope with mains pressure water at full crack on even a basin tap.
My conclusion is they are almost a waste of time: The only time they do something useful is when you lower yourself gently into the bath, you don't have to pull the plug out to drop the water level if you do it slow enough for the overflow to cope.

The Natural Philosopher wrote:

you can have another 50 mm of water to soak in.
When bath capacities are stated, what are the standards for measurement? ISTR an allowance of 70 litres for displacement.
Chris