Wasps nest - safe?

Did you feel better after that? More manly??

Next time you have what you consider to be a problem like that call the local authority or a beekeeper. You might well have to pay for the service of removal but it could be cheaper than a new playhouse.

Reply to
Mary Fisher

"Aidan Karley" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@major.free.email.provider...

I didn't say that it was.

Reply to
Mary Fisher

garden

-- Cordless Crazy

Reply to
Cordless Crazy

whats it got to do with being a man?? We wanted shut of the palyhouse anyhoo, so two birds with one stone, and a few hundered wasps with a gallon of petrol!!! and yes I felt better, thanks for asking

Reply to
Staffbull

whats it got to do with being a man?? We wanted shut of the palyhouse anyhoo, so two birds with one stone, and a few hundered wasps with a gallon of petrol!!! and yes I felt better, thanks for asking

Reply to
Staffbull

they have made a fortune for one man, he has designed a filter for the top of drinks cans to stop the little buggers going in, a few hundred people die each year as a result of being stung in the mouth/throat. He's already sold the idea to coke & pepsi who have given him 1p per can!! now that's an awful lot of money !!, he's a British guy i beleive, a binman or sommat.

Reply to
Staffbull

You wouldn't have much of a garden without wasps, they deal with garden pests without your even noticing.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Cool. Do you cut it top to bottom or in half?

I have one about 12 to 14" in height hanging in the garage saved from "broom attack" a couple of years ago. Though it does seem a shame to cut it open.

Perhaps I'll open it if we get another one.

:¬)

Reply to
PeTe33

Yes M'lud ( are you nuts?)

second story down, and he was a window cleaner

Staffbull

Wrong again !! My Staffie takes care of the garden pests, theyre called cats !! but it doenst go un noticed due to the noise !!

Reply to
Staffbull

yea right

Reply to
marvelus

did you know the world is round !! "yea right" :-)

Reply to
Staffbull

No, if you make a statement such as "a few hundred people die each year as a result of being stung in the mouth/throat."you should be prepared to back it up with (authoritative) evidence otherwise intelligent people won't believe you.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Best to do it from top to bottom to get a true cross section.

I know, but bite the bullet and do it. The best way is to put a large polythene bag round it before you cut the 'stem/s', don't let it fall.

They're very common.

The broom treatment isn't sensible or safe if there are live wasps inside. The best way to deal with that, if you really MUST, is to approach in the dark, with a red light if you need it,wearing leather gloves if possible and very carefully put a polythene bag round it. Hold the bag closed at the top where it's attached and as soon as it's free from the celing or whatever it's attached to tie the bag and put it carefully in the freezer. After 24 hours the wasps will have died and it can be cut open to show the structure.

IF there are several attaching points or if the nest is attached at the side it's not worth bothering with while it's active. Any activitiy (wasps react to vibration) will bring them coming out to see what's happening to their home - and ready to defend it. Wait until this time of year when the colony will have died out.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

"I beleive in everything untill it's misproven, therefore I beleive in fairies" John Lennon, now there was intelligence :-)

Reply to
Staffbull

The message from "Staffbull" contains these words:

It's a shame he died before the coming of the FSM.

Reply to
Guy King

I saw a live one today, it was on the side wall of the tyre on my motor. Don't know what it was doing though, but it was alive. Legin

Reply to
legin

Do you mean you saw a wasp?

Mary