Wasps nest in our loft

*Anything*, hum. You've just not met it yet.

Modern society protects most people from *real* fear fairly well. I didn't experience real fear until I was 30 during Gulf War 1. This was in a makeshift and well ventilated air raid shelter, dressed in shorts and T shirt, surrounded by RAF personnel in full NBC kit (and very frightened eyes through the respirators) as Mr Hussein was "test fired" missiles possibly carrying chemical warheads...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

That might be true - but I'm not prepared to waste my life being frightened of something which MIGHT happen :-)

During the second world war I was only a child but I remember many children being terrified of going into the unlit air raid shelters. I found it exciting. And yes, I did understand what bombs were about, I saw the results.

I remember now, telling a nurse that I was frightened when I was having our fifth child! It didn't last long and was probably more resentment at the labour being artificially induced despite my objection.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher