Washing poles.

Looking for replacement poles for the back garden for the washing line, have the wooden props but looking for the metal poles that the line is tied too. Does anyone make them, is there a supplier in the Edinburgh area ? The poles that are there have a lump of concrete at the bottom expected this concrete but instead of a nice bucket shaped/sized lump of concrete, seems the builders just kept pouring the concrete down the hole until the lump was approx. ½ m³ .

Reply to
Soup

How about a length of scaffold pole? full length is about 21 feet but you can get them cut down by the supplier. Galvanised steel is cheapest but will after many years, start to rust from any holes you drill in it, or Aluminium Alloy dearer but no rust. Both would be more than strong enough. OD is just under 2" (1 and 29/32"). Any scaffolder or supplier will sell you a piece - look in Yellow pages.

HTH

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

When I first saw the subject of this thread, I wondered what deposits the pole dancers were leaving that were so difficult to shift... :-)

Sorry....!

Reply to
Bob Eager

In our family the wooden pole is are called a promp. Is that just us or is is a Norfolkism?

Anna

-- ~~ Anna Kettle, Suffolk, England |""""| ~ Lime plasterwork, plaster conservation / ^^ \ // Freehand modelling and pargeting |____|

07976 649862

Reply to
Anna Kettle

GO TO YOUR ROOM THIS MINUTE BOB!!

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Between Edinburgh & Glasgow is Salsburgh

In the middle of Salsburgh is REMAC services who are a blacksmiths who make washing poles in great quantities nicely galvanised. If you allow them to weather then pains them they have dulled down

Best of luck

Pete

Reply to
masleeve