Washing pillows

Any tips on the best way of washing Polyester Fibre Filled pillows so that the fibre doesn't end up de-laminated or clumped?

Reply to
John

If you hand wash very gently (or just soak) in warm soapy water in the bath, pressing them down gently in the water repeatedly while keeping them flat, and then rinse gently, again flat, then let them drip dry flat, and dry out on a hot sunny day, all the time flat, they might just survive (barring pigeons). Using a washing machine (even on the shortest and gentlest setting) and/or tumble dryer usually destroys them.

Reply to
Phil Anthropist

Don't you find they have collapsed beyond plumping after a few months?

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

How come they need washing? personally they're cheap to replace.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Thanks - I do replace them - but thought I might be missing some pearl of wisdom from the group.

John

Reply to
John

Drying I find is an issue, sit them in front of a fan for 3 days, or hang under a ceiling fan for 3 days. More of aproblem with feathers, where this treatment is just enough.

NT

Reply to
meow2222