Washing machines

I have just moved house.

Previously I had the washing machine waste outlet pipe slung into a dedicated WM waste pipe. It was kept in place by two flexible "wings" on the end of the outlet pipe. The plumbing in the new house has a spigot attached to the sink waste pipe to which the WM outlet pipe is intended to be attached by a force fit rubber fitting. I bought a new outlet pipe that has such a force fitting, however, I can not replace the existing outlet pipe from the washing machine because it uses a factory fit that the replacment pipe will not connect to. Similarly the current oultet pipe with wings will not fit on the spigot.

Solutions?

Reply to
MG

Jam a bit of copper pipe in the pipes to join them, secure with jubilee clips :-)

Reply to
Rob Morley

Also very handy hint for repairing broken/punctured washing machine waste hoses. Been there done that....

Reply to
Ian_m

Can you not force the WM outlet pipe onto the spiggot and jubilee clip it on, this is what I had to do for SWMBO in law....Not very elegant but it worked! :)

Cheers

Richard

Reply to
r.rain