Washing machine woes!

Hi there,

My 8 year old Hotpoint WD61 washing machine works well generally, but recently I've had a problem switching the thing on. When you select a program and switch the machine on, the washer will automatically start when the loading door is closed.

What I'm finding is that the dorr needs to be slammed to get the ting to switch on - sometimes Ineed to do this several times.

Anyone got any hints on how I can fix this? How to get access to the locking mechanism from the inside - any parts I can replace to sort this?

Thanks

Simon

Reply to
Simon

All the machines we've owned have allowed access to the door latch switch from the front.

Unplug the machine !

Open the door, remove the wire loop that secures the door seal (the grey donut), peel the seal from the case, and you can sort of fold it into the drum. Latch switch is normally held by a couple of obvious screws near the hole the catch fits into. Remove these, and the latch switch can be slide out between the drum and the front of the machice. It will have a few wires attached, note the colours and position etc.

--

73 Brian
Brian Reay