Washing machine woes (1)

The door interlock didn't work any longer so we bought a new part and found a youchoob video that looked similar. Of course, when I got down to it I found I couldn't see what I was doing and the part, while correct and similar to the video one, was going to require more knowledge of the actual situation than I had.

So, repair chappie came this a.m., fitted the door part, still getting "door not interlocked" error code. He eventually diagnosed the power supply board and replaced that, all OK thereafter. Cost nearly £200, though, about 50% of the new price. Seems a bit steep.

Reply to
Tim Streater

What make and model? Did the machine work normally, but the door remained locked at the end of the cycle (with the code showing)? Were you able to open the door by unplugging the machine and waiting a minute or two?

I want to know because that's what's happening to my daughters Hoover washer, and I've got a door interlock for her.

I'll say. I think WM engineers are all failed dentists. I suppose we should be grateful they do domiciliary visits.

Reply to
Graham.

Bosch WAQ24460GB/01. Seems to do a good washing job.

No, it wouldn't interlock at the start of the cycle (i.e, right after clothes in, door shut, press start) and gave an E34 code.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Don't buy s**te washing machines. We have had our Miele for thirty years. Only work need, clean out filter every ten years or so.

Don't buy "Top of the range" either . Absolutely no benefit.

Reply to
harry

Never felt the need to wash s**te, but whatever pleases you...

Reply to
Richard

Our Hoover washing machine door would not open at the end of the cycle. The problem was the machine was not emptying itself properly because the pump was tired. Fitting a new pump solved the problem.

Reply to
Michael Chare

Time is money of course. This is the problem with repairing anything. Of course its possible but if you cannot do it ones self it costs a packet. I have found this since losing my sight. Unfortunately although I probably could fix stuff,most of the diy method have abandoned the well described text method in favour of the video you tube and hence written me out of the script. An unfortunate consequence of using technology for today's blind. Brian

Reply to
Brian-Gaff

I tried replacing the door lock myself but found for various reasons too interesting to go into here it does me no good to be lying down and staring at things a few inches away - even with my computer glasses.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Then get some reading glasses. Doesn?t cost much from china or the cheapest retail operations.

Reply to
Sam Thatch

They are reading glasses. They're varifocals that go from a few inches to about 3 feet.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Presumably the problem is that they are varifocals optimised for reading and you need monofocal reading glasses when lying down staring at things a few inches away.

Reply to
Sam Thatch

That may or may not be the case but I quickly decided I dint give a toss anyway, I'd rather spend the money. Even if I had persevered and changed the door lock mechanism, that wouldn't have solved the problem as it turned out to be, instead, the power supply that was faulty.

Reply to
Tim Streater