Washing machine waste connecting to soil-pipe

Hi,

Are there any problems, or regulations concerning discharging water via a trap from a washing machine into the soil-pipe?

(ie waste discharge from the toilet blocking any connection into the soil pipe!)

Thanks in advance for any help

Reply to
niet

hope not as that is what I have done, Also I would think it is ok as to do this you need a 'strap on boss' and some pvc solvent cement. Cut your hole and glue it on. OH, a slight warning.... I would be carefull if you are going to google strap on boss!

Paul

Reply to
Paul ( Skiing8 )

On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 21:42:57 +0000 someone who may be snipped-for-privacy@nomorow.com wrote this:-

Assuming the existing plumbing is a single pipe system, the branch to the washing machine needs to comply with the recommendations regarding gradients, pipe sizes, pipe lengths and depth of seal for such a system. If it is a two pipe system these recommendations are equally valid, but it is often easier to connect a washing machine elsewhere in a two pipe system.

The connection to the soil pipe should not be within 200mm (vertically) of where a toilet branch connects into the soil pipe. One of the reasons for this you have pointed out:

The Council's Building Control branch should inspect new connections to sewerage systems.

Reply to
David Hansen

IIRC the connection must not be at the same level as a WC connection, i.e. it must be higher or lower on the stack. I think 200 mm is the distance but not sure.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Thanks for your help guys, it's been most helpful.

Cheers

Reply to
niet

Paul,

What do you mean by, .................. . 'I would be carefull if you are going to google strap on boss!'

Just curious!

Cheers

Reply to
niet

Ah! Sorry to be so thick, ........................... I see what you mean now!

Had a sheltered life you see!

Thanks

Reply to
niet