Washing machine seal

Hi all does anyone know or have a link to a site where the removal of the door seal of an Indesit W123 is shown/discussed? As ours is in need of a good clean internally as the inside of our seal is covered with black gunk and is blocking the drain holes such that some wash water is being kept in it and is smelling, fed up wiping out this residual water with kitchen roll so want to take the seal of fully and clear all surfaces of this black gunk (fungus that grows on residual washing powder?).

Reply to
soup

Try

would be inclined to try the following first - run it empty on the hottest wash with bleach in the water to kill the mould and remove the detergent residue. If you live in a hard water area you could also use washing machine descaler to loosen scale.

Reply to
Codswallop

TY. Have sent the wife out for bleach :o) I don't fancy all the faffing about suggested in that website

Reply to
soup