washing machine question

Hi,

I wonder if anyone could help me with a query over plumbing in a washing machine. Last time I tried this, (in my old flat), it was a simple case of screwing the water pipe from the machine onto the copper pipe in the gap where the machine goes, and turning the little blue tap to let the water through. (please excuse my complete lack of any technical terminology).

This time however, (in a new flat), I have two problems. Firstly, there is a large plastic waste pipe running hotizontally across the wall, about an inch above the pipe end that has the little blue tap on it, so there is not enough room to attach the washing machine pipe to it. Also, they are different sizes. The pipe coming off the washing machine is much bigger.

Can anyone give me any advice as to how I can get round this. I expect I should be using some sort of connecting piece, but I don't know what exactly would be best for the job.

Ta

Reply to
goldfish_21

You may find that the end of the hose that is connected to the machine has a right-angle elbow on it. Maybe if you used the hose the other way round it will clear the waste-pipe.

Reply to
Graham

I don't think we can turn the hose round as it has some sort of 'anti flood' device at one end. From what i can gather, I think it's supposed to stop the water coming through if the hose develops a fault?

Any more ideas would be much appreciated. Thanks

Graham wrote:

Reply to
goldfish_21

Took your advice, bought a new hose and used it backwards, and the machine is working perfectly. Ta very much, you've been a great help.

Vicky

Graham wrote:

Reply to
goldfish_21