washing machine pump

Does it matter which way round live and neutral go on this synchronous pump? http://shop.ezee-fix.co.uk/Ezee_FixSparesShop10_Servis_954.html This "little" job has been a bugger from the start and I've a feeling there could still be a sting in the tail. Positively the last time I mess with washing machines. TIA
On Fri, 3 Oct 2003 11:49:39 +0100, "stuart noble"

No.
On Fri, 3 Oct 2003 11:49:39 +0100, "stuart noble"

Probably not.
Most synchronous motors are of the "shaded pole" design. There's a copper slug around half of the motor lamination stack, and it's this that generates the two-phase field you need to make a motor rotate. How you apply the electricity doesn't matter.
Phasing generally starts to make a difference when you have capacitors involved.
-- Smert' spamionam

Eh? Water, electricity and big lumps of concrete - what could possibly go wrong? :()
Thanks for the confirmation.

feeling quite so emotional about it :-)