Washing machine problem

Came down this morning to a fair bit of water on kitchen and utility room floor - wet inside as well as outside. Could have been worse - on further investigation not sure why it wasn't. Pipe from soap dispenser to drum seems blocked - presumably with soap power. Does anyone know where I can download a service manual for a Candy CN100 so I can work out how to dismantle the soap dispenser.

TIA

Keith

Reply to
Keith Dunbar

what about a kettle of hot water?

Reply to
John

Try:

John

the drum, which had become blocked with soap powder on the other side of its U-bend!!! Funny stuff soap powder. Anyway, after multiple rinsings with hot water and a bit of prodding it got sorted thanks. And the machine is still working after I put it back together.

Keith

Reply to
Keith Dunbar

One thing that you can usefully do, even now and in general regularly once a month or so, is to run a 95 degree wash with the machine either empty or a small number of items. This will tend to soften and dislodge the gunked soap powder. One other common effect of this caked powder is that it tends to hum after a while.

An alternative approach is to use detergent dispenser balls inside the machine and bypass use of the machine's one.

Reply to
Andy Hall

I wonder if this is down to the particular brand of detergent? I've used Persil (mostly Bio, occasionally non-Bio) for ~20 years in a machine, 35C washes only, and never had these problems.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Maybe.

We used to notice it on a Hoover machine that we had at one stage, although that was pre water softener as well.

I wonder if there is a machine dependency as well - i.e. the design of the hose from dispenser to drum.

Reply to
Andy Hall

We get build up in the dispenser also. So once a week I take it out of the machine and it goes through the dishwasher and gets cleared out.