Washing machine playing up.

The problem is that it won't complete the cycle and sits there just full of water before its supposed rinse and spin . This is an intermittent problem which has been getting more frequent.

If it's the programmer, I'd have thought the problem would be consistent but then I'm no washing machine expert.

I'm trying to deflect SWMBO's suggestion of a new machine.

Any suggestions as to what to try welcome.

mark

Reply to
mark

What make/model?

Reply to
Chris Bartram

On Saturday 14 September 2013 21:50 mark wrote in uk.d-i-y:

Programmer, water level sensor or drain pump -

Does it sound like the pump is trying to run?

Mechanical or electrinic programmer?

On a more basic note, have you cleaned the filter?

Reply to
Tim Watts

Probably a loose connection associated with the program switch. Many machines have a feature where the machine stops full of water before being manually advanced. This is to prevent the washing drying out full of creases.

Has the programmer advanced when it stops or do you have to advance it manually?

Reply to
harryagain

Siemens XLM 1600

mark

Reply to
mark

Mechanical programmer. Filter seemed clean enough.

I will try and carry out more observations today.

mark

Reply to
mark

Reply to
mark

Reply to
mark

I thought about the crease prevention thing but I couldn't see anything for setting that. The programmer seems to advance ok. There is a vertical sequence of lights, Ready, wash, rinse, spin, end. More observations required.

mark

Reply to
mark

Reply to
mark

Google offers this:

(The Siemens site doesn't recognise your model number.)

Reply to
Peter Johnson

On Sunday 15 September 2013 09:48 mark wrote in uk.d-i-y:

Then it is possible that a contact has failed (the cam programmers have dozens of contacts).

Reply to
Tim Watts

"mark" grunted in news: snipped-for-privacy@brightview.co.uk:

Our Bosch does that just (a) if the filter/output is clogged or (b) if it decides it's overloaded.

Reply to
Lobster