Washing machine overfills

Can anyone help please? Our Siemans washing machine flooded last night - the water filled above the front door and leaked out from around the seal. Ive cleaned every pipe in the machine to make sure there are no blockages and also the pump. It still overfills. If I switch it to spin the pump drains all the water away so that bit is ok.
Can anyone think of anything else I can try.
Thanks in anticipation.
On 08/02/2004 tc3man1 a wrote :

The way they sense the water level, is via a small usually black pipe leading from the bottom of the drum, up to a sensitive pressure sensor. The water rises, the air is compressed in the little pipe, air pressure on the sensors diaphram opens some contacts.
The small pipe could be blocked with fluff, the pipe kinked, the sensor not operating or similar. Blowing gently into the pipe, you should hear the sensor click. If this is working, then it could be the controller unit.
--

Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (Lap)

What are you, some kind of idiot savant mong?
Fuck off, Harry.

Sore losers
--
Inside information? Never

Try Aunt Bessies foods, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, yummy
On Mon, 09 Feb 2004 14:11:32 GMT, Bungle & Zippy wrote:

Don't tell me I've lost another account! Not again!
--
Phil Kyle - Usenet Legend.

http://philkyle2003.reachme.at /
The Lord alerted my mind to the presence of this EVIL article by Harry Bloomfield, and I thusly replied:

I wish someone would block your small pipe with fluff. We don't want your kind reproducing.
--
The Reverend Parson Peter Parsnip
Smiting Sinful Usenet Users Since 1874
On Mon, 09 Feb 2004 16:55:25 GMT, The Most Rev. Peter Parsnip wrote:

They haven't got fluff that small.
--
Phil Kyle - Usenet Legend.

http://philkyle2003.reachme.at /

Are you speaking for all of us Vic?
--
Inside information? Never

Try Aunt Bessies foods, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, yummy
On Sun, 08 Feb 2004 14:59:48 GMT, Harry Bloomfield wrote:

TEH SMALL PIPE IS TEH BESTEST BIT!
--
Phil Kyle - Usenet Legend.

http://philkyle2003.reachme.at /

Commonest problem in washing machines - pressure switch failure. Usually a round item about 4 ins across with (often) two small rubber pipes to it and two or three electrical connections. Remove and blow into each pipe-hole - you should hear it click. If it doesn't it's stuffed. If it does then check the associated wiring.
--
Woody

snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com